Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What is Groupon? What is LivingSocial?

You probably have heard of it, or see advertisments for it...and you ask yourself, "What is Groupon?" or "What is LivingSocial"?  I asked my mother-in-law the same question when I saw something hanging from her bulletin board.  She had discovered an overnight stay at a nice hotel with dinner included for just $75!  She told me about it, then I looked into it myself...

Both of these websites are similar.  You pick the city closest to you.  Each day they post (or email to you if you sign-up with them) a great deal for a local business.

Restaurants, hotels, spas, shopping, and more...Groupon and LivingSocial give you the opportunity to try new businesses or return to local favorites at a fraction of the cost.  If you see a deal that appeals to you, click "Buy". 

These make great gifts, too!

Read more about "What is Groupon"? and "What is LivingSocial?" below to find out how it works.  Then, because it's such a money-saver, I recommend you sign-up.  You'll find ads for them on my website, or you can use the link I've provided for Groupon above.

GROUPON:
What's the catch?  The deal will only go through if enough people "buy" into it.  This guarantees the business a certain amount of customers, which makes them willing to participate.  So, tell your friends about the deal when you see it, and encourage them to buy-in too!  You will only be charged for the deal IF enough people sign-up.

LIVING SOCIAL:
After you buy your deal, you will recieve a unique link to refer friends.  If 3 or more friends buy the deal you have refered to them, you'll get yours free!

No comments:

Post a Comment