Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Super-Successful Monday-Night Shopping Adventure

I went out and made what felt like a bazillion stops - it took me about 2-1/2 hours.  I came home feeling great that I had stocked up on a few items that we use all the time and used up my coupons expiring at the end of the year...I saved alot!  My husband wasn't so impressed..."How much money could you have saved if you didn't buy any of that stuff?" he asks.  What he doesn't realize is that we are going to buy it anyway, so why not use the soupons, stock up, and not have to pay full price later?  Sometimes I think he doesn't get it - is it a guy thing?  Tell me what YOU think....

First stop, Rite-Aid.  I went in to get my 2 Reese's Christmas Trees for FREE.  Great stocking stuffers!
  • One Sale for 2/$1
  • Had Rite-Aid coupon, $1 off 2



Next I stopped in to Market Basket.  Wanted to get stamps, but they were out.  BUT while I was there, I scored 16 boxes of Scotties tissues for $5.
  • On Sale 2/$1. 
  • Had (2) manufacturer coupons for $1 off 5 boxes, and
  • 2 manufacturer coupons Buy 2 get 1 free.  Click HERE to print yours.  (Like them on Facebook, then print your coupon twice.)
  • (compare to the price at your local wholesale club - this is a great deal!)



Next I stoped in at CVS.  Got 320 One-A-Day brand name vitamins for $16.96
  • On Sale B1G1 50% off. 
  • Got 2 Men's 100ct (1st @ $9.99 and 2nd @ $4.99) and 2 Women's 60ct (1st @ $7.99 and 2nd @ $3.99). 
  • Had 2 manufacturer coupons for $5 off 2


Across the street, I stopped in at Walgreens to get my nephew 5 Hot Wheels cars for $0.59 each using the coupon in their flyer.



Next I went to Target to pick up 2 Barbies for $4.99 each!



Lastly, I spent some time at Walmart.  Using coupons, I got $113.90 worth of stuff for $65.40.  I only got 1 item without a coupon.
  • 13 bottles of Exedrin (Migraine, Tension Headache, PM) 24ct for $3.24-$4.23 (don't expire until 2014)
  • Minus $2 coupon for each one from Sunday flyers
  • Snuggle dryer sheets for $1.87
  • Minus $0.50 coupon for each from Sunday flyers
  • 4 Daisy/Venus disposable rasor 4-pks for $5.97 each
  • Minus $2 coupon for each from Sunday flyers
  • Reynold's non-stick foil 35 ft (we use it all the time!) for $3.78 each
  • Minus $1.25 coupon for each that I printed online
  • Softsoap Body Wash for $3.48
  • Minus $1 coupon from Sunday flyer
  • Johnson and Johnson Safety Cotton Swabs for the kids
  • (Only item without a coupon at this store)
  • Downy Unstoppables (13.2 oz package) for $6.97
  • Minus $3 coupon from Vocalpoint
  • Pull-Ups Flushable Wipes for $3.34
  • Minus $2 coupon I received in mail with free sample
  • 2 packages Oral-B SatinFloss for $2.27 each
  • Minus $1 coupon for each from Sunday flyers
  • 2 packages Stayfree pads for $2.86 each
  • Minus $1 coupon each from Sunday flyers


Went back to Rite-Aid today on my way to the dry cleaners (next door) to get my 4 FREE packages of Christmas Peeps!  Again, great stocking stuffers!  Click HERE to get your coupons (like them on Facebook, then print your coupon twice).
  • On Sale 2/$1
  • Had 2 manufacturer coupons $1 off 2


So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment