Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"As Seen on TV" Deals at at a Surprising Store!

You've got to admit.  There's something "As Seen on TV" that you think would be perfect for you or someone you love.  The first problem is, you know you're taking a risk buying it and don't want to pay full price.  The second problem is that they are usually sold everywhere for the same price, and usually don't go on sale.  Walmart generally can be cheaper for many things, but their prices for the "As Seen on TV" items are, from what I've noticed, the same as everyone else.

So how can we save money here?  I haven't seen too many coupons for these types of items (I actually have seen coupons before, but they are rare).  The best idea I came up with was Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Although most of their merchandise is expensive for my taste, these "As Seen on TV" items are priced about the same as anywhere else.  The great thing about this store is that you can easily come across a 20% any regularly-priced item or even $5 off $19 or more.  Since these items rarely go on sale, either of these coupons should work and I got my deal a few weeks ago...a $19.99 item with $5 off.  They have lots of these odds and ends that are great for gifts, even if you wouldn't think this was the store to find it in.

Let me know if you can think of another store that offers general coupons like this scenario that we can use toward "As Seen on TV" items.  I have noticed knock-offs of these items at Christmas Tree Shops for a lower price, but if you want the real thing, this is the way to go. 

P.S.  If you're looking for a Snuggie, the best deal I found was at Five Below for $5.  And although the selction is limited, it's the real thing.   And you don't have to pay shipping and handling!



No comments:

Post a Comment