Monday, December 12, 2011

Save When Giving Gift Cards this Season and All Year Round!

If you plan to give gift cards this holiday, there's still time to shop for discounted gift cards.  Visit the following websites to see what's available and to order:

cardpool.com
plasticjungle.com
giftcards.com

Remember, many times these come to you as merchadise credit, so they may not be pretty enough for gifts (although I've taken them to the stores and used them to buy new gift cards at times) and the physical cards generally take 7-10 days before your received them (although in many cases I get them much sooner) so give yourself some time. 

If you will be ordering something online, you may find an electronic gift card for the retailer you are ordering from...the websites usually ask that you allow 24 hours to recievd the electronic gift cards, but my experience, at least with cardpool.com, is that I receive the electronic gift card within an hour.

Remember that you can go through ebates.com when you order from plasticjungle.com and you will receive a % back from your order.  I usually go through ebates.com to order my gift card via plasticjungle.com, then go back through ebates.com to order the actual item (and use my gift card to pay).  You will get a % back in both instances.

Unfortunately, cardpool.com does not work through ebates.  As a side note, I have not personally used giftcards.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment