Friday, August 13, 2010

Reading Magazines on a Budget

You like to read magazines. Some cost alot...some don't. Either way, I ended up with some magazines someone gave me - a whole year's worth that they saved for something, then decided they didn't need them anymore. Redbook, Family Fun magazine, Parenting magazine...you get the idea. I took them off her hands and have been flipping through them.

Honestly, unless you're looking for the latest fashion trends, these articles don't "expire" that quickly. I read about family issues, relationship issues, kid's crafts, and recipes... even though the info was about a year old, it still seemed current.

Save yourself a few dollars (not to mention some trees) and ask around - find out what your friends, family, and neighbors are reading...and see if they are willing to pass their magazines on to you when they're done with them. I even put in a "Wanted" request on Freecycle.org and get magazines for free from someone local who is done reading them. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment