Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Smaller is Not Always Less Expensive

So, I decided I wanted chocolate ice cream...(I don't usually prefer chocolate ice cream, but I guess pregnancy does weird things to me)...as I was doing my groceries at Market Basket, I decided that I would pick-up a "small" container of it, thinking I'd save money. After all, I probably would get sick of the chocolate ice cream if I had to eat a whole half-gallon because my husband doesn't like chocolate ice cream at all.

Well, the only "small" containers of chocolate available was Haagen-dazs. A pint was $2.99, vs a half-gallon of Hood or Market Basket Premium was $2.50. Guess which one I picked? The half-gallon, of course. Turns out to be a better decision than I thought. Not only did I save money, but my craving for it hasn't gone away yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment